More “commandments” given by Gurdjieff to his daughter Reyna D’Assia
– Do not speak of your personal problems.
– Do not express judgment or criticism when you are ignorant of most of the
– Do not establish useless friendships.
– Transform your pride into dignity.
– Transform your anger into creativity.
– Transform your greed into respect for beauty.
– Transform your envy into admiration for the values of the other.
– Transform your hate into charity.
– When you become ill, regard your illness as your teacher, not as something
to be hated.
– Look directly, and do not hide yourself.
– Do not follow fashions.
– Do not sell yourself.
– Neither praise nor insult yourself.
– Conquer your fears, for each of them represents a camouflaged desire.
– Make work plans and accomplish them.
– Share fairly.
– Do not seduce.
– Say no more than necessary.
– If you lack faith, pretend to have it.
– Wherever you live, always find a space that you devote to the sacred.