Final set of “commandments” from G to his daughter Reyna D’Assia
– Never visit someone only to pass the time.
– Sleep and eat only as much as necessary.
– Never brag about amorous adventures.
– If you decide to work to help others, do it with pleasure.
– Never glorify your weaknesses.
– Conquer your aversions and come closer to those who inspire rejection in you.
– Do not complain.
– Never give orders to gain the satisfaction of being obeyed.
– When you perform a service, make your effort inconspicuous.
– When someone is speaking to an interested audience, do not contradict that
person and steal his or her audience.
– Do not allow yourself to be impressed by strong personalities.
– In any discussion, put yourself in the other person’s place.
– Do not react to what others say about you, whether praise or blame.
– Regard what does not belong to you as if it did belong to you.
– Do not think of the profits your work will engender.
– If you are hesitating between doing and not doing, take the risk of doing.
– If you are meditating and a devil appears, make the devil meditate too.